sábado, 15 de febrero de 2020

Take A Look Around • One For The Foxes

When three great musicians with solid careers behind them come together to form a trio all their magic crystallizes in albums like Take A Look AroundTwo very talented Irish musicians, Dave Curley and Tadhg Ó Meachair, who had been part of major bands of the most recent Irish folk as Goitse or Slide, and an American fiddler, Joanna Hyde, form One For The Foxes.

Each of them brings their magic to this album that is based on traditional Irish music, but does not hesitate to cross the Atlantic to explore its connections with North American root music.


Although all three musics are great instrumentalists, I think Take A Look Around's strong point is its beautiful songs. From the first time I heard Ghost & Dreams (one of the songs they are using to promote the album) I thought that would be one of the great folk songs of 2020, but when I finally heard the album in full I discovered We Wander Through that It is even a prettier song.

You can purchase Take A Look Around here. I think it is a record that will give much to talk throughout this year and that deserves special attention. Then don't say I didn't let you know 😁
x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario